Friday 10 October 2014

Oh Hey Friday // Friday Confessional


Hello on this lovely Friday!  As per usual I am linking up with  The Farmer's Wife and September FARM - click on those links to check out more of the Oh Hey Friday link up.  But to switch it up a bit this week I am also linking up with Blonde Ambition's Friday Confessional post. 

So this week my list of five will be five confessions from the week.

1.  I confess I am so happy to be back on the farm for a long weekend (it is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada).  I have been feeling a little frustrated with the city lately - it has nothing to do with the people in it and everything to do with the fact that I just don't like the city living mentality.  I hate having to rush around constantly, trying to do stuff at specific times to avoid rush hour and how the whole place just seems so impersonal.  What can I say, I am just a farm girl at heart - and it makes my heart so very happy to be back in our small town and on the farm.

2.  That being said, I confess that the farm is getting on my nerves just a little bit.  We are STILL not done harvest.  Seriously.  What the heck.  Last year we finished on October 6th and I thought that was late.  Our parents are always talking these days about "back in the day" when they were still harvesting when there was snow on the ground.  Heaven help us if that happens this year, I won't be able to take it.

3.  I confess that I got a somewhat embarassing injury this week, and that my semi-clumsyness led to it.  I was going to give myself a bit of a manicure the other night so I was gathering my things.  I went to grab my manicure scissors and started to drop them, so obviously my first reaction was to try to catch them.  Well... I did, with their point straight into my palm.  It is possible that I could have used a stitch... But in classic nurse fashion, I didn't want to go to the doctor unless I trully felt awful.  So I fashioned a steri strip out of a bandaid, cleaned my hand really well and left it at that.  Hopefully I don't end up with some crazy infection.  Don't try this at home people.
On the upside, it actually looks like it is healing pretty well.  Woohoo! #nursingstudentskillz

4.  I confess that I have a midterm in less than a week that I have not yet started to study for.  They say that fourth year is the easiest year of university.  I would agree, on the stipulation that it isn't actually easier; you are just better are organizing your time, and care a lot less about little assignments.  I have become much more of a big picture person on my journey through nursing school.  I care about learning the most important information - the stuff that will make a real difference in my patient care and success in the workplace - but the individual assignments/tests themselves... Not as much.  Obviously I will study for this test, but will I kill myself just trying to get a 90% for the sake of it?  Most definitely not.

5.  I confess that I have never had a pumpkin spice latte, muffin, or actually anything labeled pumpkin spice.  Gasp!!  All I see and hear lately are things about pumpkin spice, so I guess I am avoiding just to be stubborn (also lactose intolerance seriously gets in the way of trying cool drinks; plain tea for me).  Exhibit A:

source
Hope you all have a lovely weekend (and Thanksgiving if you are a fellow Canadian)!

No comments:

Post a Comment