Hello on another lovely Friday! As usual I am linking up with The Farmer's Wife and September FARM for the ole Oh Hey Friday link up - click on those links to check out more of the Oh Hey Friday link up.
Today is the day for you all to hear all about why cats are better than dogs. Just kidding. I will, however, be letting you in on the five reasons I would call myself a cat person/five myths about cats. There's a lot of people hating on cats and cat people, and I am just not a fan of that attitude. It is time for some cat lovin' up in here.
1. They actually are cuddly. Whenever I tell someone we have a cat or I like cats I always get the "Why would you want a cat? They don't care to cuddle with people, they just do their own thing." Not true. Although George has times of day when he is more active and less likely to want snuggles (generally after 9PM and before 7AM), during the afternoon and evening all he wants to do is cuddle with us. Exhibit A:
|Is that my cat swaddled like a baby? Yes. Did he sleep like that for almost an hour? Yes.|
2. "Cats are so stupid." No sir, you are incorrect. I think you have mistaken stupid for indifferent and determined to do what they want. As someone who is also determined to do what I want, I can respect that.
3. "You can't train a cat." First of all, the fact that you can train your cat to go to the bathroom in a box of dirt and nowhere else in your house makes this argument invalid. Second of all, other than the bathroom thing, we have taught George to do two things that are (we think) pretty awesome - have I turned into the parent bragging about my kids accomplishments? Oh its actually worse than that because its my cat.... Moving on. The two things he can do:
a. Play fetch with his toy mice
b. Does not sit on the couch unless his blanket is down to protect the leather.
4. He always greets me at the door when I come home. So many people say that cats don't do this, but I beg to differ. George will greet me at the door when I get home (especially after being away for a long time) and then follow me around the house meowing until I pick him up.
5. They are a good substitute for TV if you are bored. Cats do the most hilarious things. For serious consult this video for further examples.
My message for the day: don't hate on my cat if you don't want me to hate on your dog. Also, if you haven't heard about my one year blogging anniversary you should definitely get in on it! Follow this link: a Rafflecopter giveaway and have a lovely weekend!