Monday 6 October 2014

Coconut oil everything!!!

I am not the type to jump on fad band wagons.  I am usually the person complaining about all the silly fads and how I am sick of hearing about this or that (ie: kale).  However, I was asking a nursing school friend what she uses on her skin because it was always so glowy and moisturized looking.  She said she uses coconut oil every night.  I had been hearing lots about coconut oil, but hadn't wanted to try it, mostly because I just didn't want to jump on the band wagon (some have called me stubborn).

In any case, I went out to Superstore and bought some coconut oil and started using it (just straight cold pressed coconut oil that you'd use for cooking).  Well, I have to admit defeat on this fad.  Coconut oil is straight up amazing.  I had some eczema patches that I couldn't get rid of with corticosteriod creams that coconut oil has basically cured.  I cannot say enough good things about it.  I would get hives sometimes after my showers (I still have no idea why), but that hasn't happened since I started using coconut oil.

I've been looking for a deep conditioner for my hair to combat winter dryness and when I saw the organix coconut instant repair treatment, I figured I should try it.

buy
For some reason I could only find this online at Walgreens, but I think I got mine at Target on sale.  I'm thinking you could get it pretty much anywhere.

First off, the smell of this is worth the $7 alone; even if it did nothing other than smell great I'd probably still use it.  I have found it has made my hair so soft, but it doesn't leave any residue at all.  I seriously recommend this stuff.

Do you have any new and awesome products?  I would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment