Tuesday 1 April 2014

A Quick Book Review


Brett and I have had the most awful cold the past week, so during one of my sleepless early mornings of coughing I started browsing the kobo store on our iPad.  I found Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson in the sale section.  I wasn't sure at first whether I should buy it, but I figured I might as well considering it was only $5 - as it turns out, this was probably the best $5 I have ever spent on a book.  Set during WWI, Lady Elizabeth goes against her parents wishes and joins the war effort.  At a hospital in France, where she is working as an ambulance driver, she meets up with her brothers good friend (a surgeon at the same hospital).  I won't go into any more details on the plot so that I don't ruin the story.  This book is written beautifully, and tells an ultimately very uplifting story.  I found it easy to get lost in the pages of Somewhere in France and ended up reading it in only three days - I just couldn't put it down (likely why this post is coming out so late today - I was up late finishing the book).  If you are looking for a good book to read, this one comes highly recommended, especially if you are a fan of historical fiction.  I would even go so far as to say to readers not particularly interested in historical fiction, that this is a story that you would enjoy anyway.  I am certainly looking forward to the next Jennifer Robson book to come out!

Find Somewhere in France on amazon.com here!

No comments:

Post a Comment