Saturday 5 April 2014

Goodbye Clinical #3


Yesterday was the last shift of my third clinical rotation.  This was such a positive experience for me, and leaving was bittersweet.  I met some amazing people - I had great patients, a wonderful group of fellow students, a lovely bunch of nurses to work with, and a fabulous clinical instructor.  My instructor taught me so much - they always do, considering that is their role, but this lady was better than the average.  I have never in my life met someone who knows so many things about a subject - she was a true expert in her area.  What really impressed me about her was that she was constantly striving to learn more.  I think that is what I gained most from my experience, you can never know too many things; and the more you know, the better a nurse you are for your patients.  I can only strive to be as good a nurse as she is someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment