Sunday 1 December 2013

That "Wow We're Married!" Moment


Last night, Brett and I went out on a date.  It was lovely.  We went to Browns Social House for the first time, it was nice to try out a new place and have it be really good.  It is pretty small inside, which gives the whole place an intimate atmosphere.  Also, they have mimosas on special for $5 on Saturdays.  Anywhere that I can get a mimosa for $5 is going to be one of my favorites.  Unfortunately, I forgot our camera and so I had to use our iPhone cameras to take pictures (definitely not the best) - so I apologize for the blurriness.

Cheers!

In the booth behind us there was a couple who were clearly on their first date.  They were so cute and awkward around each other, it made me think back to the early days of our relationship.  I was so nervous on our first few dates, thank goodness Brett could carry the conversation without too much input from me for the first little while.  In the middle of this reminiscing I realized "Holy cow, we are married!"  I get those moments every so often, we've only been married for five months, so its still a novelty.  Sometimes they happen when I sign my married name, or see my married name; and sometimes they just happen when I am thinking back to when we had first started dating.  We have both changed so much, basically grown up together.  I was only 18 when we started dating - now I am 21!  To someone who has been married or together for a long time, three years must seem so insignificant.  But for me, I almost can't remember what life without Brett was like.  

Have you had the "Wow we're married moment"?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment