Tuesday 25 March 2014

Handmade Crocheted Lace Pattern


Now that it looks like spring is actually on its way, I am putting away my bulky knitting and crocheting projects for more fine work.  For part of my bridesmaid's gifts at my wedding, I made everyone a monogrammed handkercheif after seeing some really pretty ones on pinterest.  After making five from total scratch (including crocheting the lace) I swore I would never ever do that again.  But after a year break from lace making I decided I wanted to make another set.  This is the first type of lace that I did and it is really straight forward.  I hope you enjoy this pattern.

What you will need:
Fine crochet thread (something that will work with a US 11/12 hook)
US 11/12 metal crochet hook

The Pattern:
Chain a length that is slightly longer than you need (for these 10" square hankies, I chained 41")
Sc in 2nd chain from hook, Sc in next 4 chains
*Ch 9, skip next 3 ch, sc in next 9 ch  Repeat from * until you have reached the end Ch 1 turn
Sc in 3 sc
*Ch 3, make 11 dc in the ch-9 loop, ch 3, skip 2 sc, sc in next 5 sc  Repeat from * until you reach the end, ending with sc in last 3 sc
Sc in 1st sc
*Ch 3, sc in next dc, (ch 5, skip next dc, sc in next dc) 5 times; ch 3, skip 2 sc, sc in next sc  Repeat from * until you reach the end
Break off

You're done!  If you have any questions/comments, leave them in the comments box!

No comments:

Post a Comment