Thursday 6 March 2014

Dreaming of Spring

My beautiful roses.
I am filled with thoughts of spring today.  Yesterday when I walked outside I smelled just a hint of a springy smell - despite the many feet of snow that are still covering the ground.  Now I am filled with thoughts of flowers and a garden.  Last year I was able to sneak in a few flowers into pots outside of our garage and in a few other planters, but other than that I was not at all well prepared for the planting season.  We mostly just moved around some of the beautiful perennials and bushes (such as the roses pictured above) that we inherited when we bought our house.  I am hoping that since I'm not planning a wedding this year, I will be able to turn that planning toward my home and garden.

So far, I think I know what I want for my planters:

Source
I found this picture on pinterest and I think this is what I want to do for my big planters.  I love geraniums (such a beautiful smell) and bacopa (which is the hanging white flower).  But I am not totally sold on the lobelia.  I find I usually end up killing it.  I am not sure if it is our climate being too hot and dry in the summer, or if it is my lack of gardening finesse.  If you have any tips I would love to hear them!  

Is anyone else dreaming of warmer weather too?

No comments:

Post a Comment