Monday 22 December 2014

Sometimes life gets in the way...

Well folks, I am a little disappointed.  Last week (exactly a week ago actually, because this all started to go down on Monday) I started to feel a little off.  By the time Wednesday rolled around I had a full blow flu complete with stuffy nose, achy muscles, sore throat, intense headache and a fever.  Awesome.  Add to that Brett and I moved me home from the city for good (moving while ill is never a fun time) and I have been just exhausted.

Naps with George, pushing fluids and watching Youtube videos is about all I've been able to handle the past week.
I had so many grand plans for this time between the end of exams and Christmas.  I was going to pick up some shifts at work (I love making a bit of money to add to the Europe trip savings account), do some sewing (including beach cover-ups for Cuba and my tulle skirt for grad in January) and do a bunch of baking.  Sadly, I haven't been able to do much of anything other than sleep, watch a bit of TV/beauty bloggers on Youtube, and do a bit of writing for the blog (at least I got that done).

We learned in this post that I am a really terrible patient, and that definitely proved true once again.  I am not always easy on myself.  I love to be busy, even if it is knitting or doing some kind of craft in the evenings while Brett and I watch a show.  I like to have my hands busy.  And this past week (a week where I had tons of stuff I needed to do), I just wasn't up to it.  And I had to be okay with that.  It wasn't easy, but I am definitely thankful for it now that I am feeling a lot healthier.  

I've recently found Emily Ley through another blogger.  She is a blogger/mom/wife/business owner who built her stationary business from the ground up (find out more about her here).  One of her moto's - which I absolutely love - is "I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection".  I definitely think that is something we busy ladies need to remind ourselves of frequently.  There is so much pressure now days to be perfect, have the perfect home, perfect hair, perfect everything.  But all we can do is our best, so we should be holding ourselves to a standard of being a kind and good person rather an a perfect person.

Hope you have a good Monday, and a good few days before the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment