Friday 10 April 2015

A few of my favorite things

Happy Friday!  I hope you have lots of plans for a joyous Easter weekend.  I am looking forward to lots of family time today and tomorrow and I will be spending my Sunday night with some special ladies and gentlemen at the care home where I am currently working.

I thought we could spend this Friday talking about a few of my favorite things (items, things around the web, etc.).  This might become a regular feature post of mine (my favorite blogger over at The Small Things Blog) does something similar called Links and Loves on Fridays, which I always love reading.

On Wednesday I made french bread from this recipe and it is to die for.  As you can probably guess by no picture, it is almost all gone already.  It was super easy and turned out far better than any bread recipe I have ever done.  So you should definitely give it a try.




I am seriously loving this lip treatment (it hangs out somewhere between lipstick and balm).   I like the color rose - which is quite sheer and just gives a little bit of pink - but if you like something a little brighter there are a ton of color options.

Have you ever watched 19 Kids and Counting?  I just started and got super into it before Jessa's wedding.  I am now obsessed.  Brett is pretty sad about this because he is not a fan, but I just think he isn't giving it enough of a try.

Speaking of entertainment, have you seen the commercials for the movie The Longest Ride coming out on April 10th?  Brett is supposed to be taking me on a date to see it.  I think he is hoping seeding will miraculously start before next Saturday so he can have an excuse not to go, but since we just got some snow yesterday (what the heck), I think I will be in luck.  In any case, I just read the book as well and it was wonderful.  I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan and he did not disappoint with this one.  I would definitely suggest it (and keep a box of tissues handy).

Last, but not least, this was a great post from The Small Things Blog yesterday about getting three days out of your hair.  Her tips were super helpful.  Because I have extremely dry hair, I try to make three days between washes - but it isn't always easy.  If you have a similar issue, or if you just don't have time for hairstyling every day, you should definitely check that post out.

I hope you have a lovely weekend and get to spend it surrounded by the things and people you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment